Frequently Asked Questions
We strive to ensure you will be delighted with the service. If you are not please let us know. Our fantastic team are always here to help!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What does the condition of the book mean?
Our item information will include the condition and sometimes additional notes in the description too.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Used Like New: In near perfect condition. No damage whatsoever. No creases or tears. If the book is expected to have a dust jacket; it is present. This book may include remainder marks.
- Used Very Good: A copy that has been read, but is in excellent condition. The spine is undamaged. If the book is expected to have a dust jacket; it is present. Text pages are clean possibly with a minimal previous owners note or inscription inside the cover.
- Used Good: A previously read copy in clean condition. There may be some creasing or wear to the covers and pages; there are no pages missing. Books in used good condition may contain the following, however we will do our best to ensure this is noted in the description: Highlighting or light annotation, the dust jacket may not be present and it may be ex-library.
- Used Acceptable: This is a readable copy. There may be significant wear and tear and a weak binding. The book may contain highlighting or annotation, the dust jacket may not be present and it may be ex-library. There may also be other damage such as water damage however the text must not be obscured. We will do our best to ensure any defects are noted in the description.
Collectable books can be in any condition: They may be signed, a limited first edition, out of print, or have other special qualities that increase the book's value.
A note about the dust jacket: If there is no mention of the dust jacket and the book is in good condition or higher and it is expected to have one; you can assume it is present. Some academic textbooks are published without dust jackets. Board books, annuals and any book older than 1890 is not expected to have a dust jacket.
If you are unsure or unclear about a book's condition, the description or you just want a bit more information about the book feel free to ask.
Which payment method can I use to place an order?
You can pay with most major credit and debit cards and PayPal. We cannot accept orders paid for by cheque, postal order or pro forma invoices.
Why is the book ex-library?
We work with our library vendors to find a new home for their unwanted stock. Purchasing ex-library books through Bookbarn International will actually help benefit them as they will be paid commission on sales. We sell books on behalf of several libraries and all ex-library books we sell were properly de-accessioned before we list them online. Ex-library books are definitely not stolen!
Why does the book I received not match the book cover image?
The book cover image may not represent the actual copy or condition available. The images on our website are intended as a guide and many of them are stock images, particularly books with an ISBN.
Publishers do also sometimes change the cover design and keep the same ISBN causing cover image discrepancies.
Why has the price changed?
Our prices may change down or up from time to time as we aim to provide the best possible price. We cannot offer refunds on an order once it has been placed if the price of the the book changes. The sale price is agreed upon at the point of sale.
How will my order be taxed?
The sale price includes any tax chargeable in your billing country. Used books are not subject to VAT in the UK.